Sunday, July 1, 2007

how can i live when i wanna be free.

today was good and bad. i realized yet again that my father and i are drifting apart and, for me, this is a big deal. i've always considered myself one of those people who is very close to their family, and now, as much as i claim that it's still true, it really isn't. the mistakes i've made have somehow warped his view of me and i really don't think i can save that old image he used to love and admire. i'm a different person now, and i don't want to have to fake an old version of myself. i think, eventually, we'll get somewhat closer to how things used to be but it will never be the same again, at least for me. on the good side, the gap between dad and i has brought mom and me closer. i talk to her a lot more and i love that. the princess diana tribute concert was today too. i got overly emotional watching it (yes. i'm a dork). seeing what she did in the time she was alive is soo inspirational. and it makes me think about all that i want to do but how limited i am in doing anything good bc of my status and my location. 20-something southern girls in germantown, tn don't have a much pull in the world. on a lighter note, i took my dog (cody bob. who will probably make many appearances thoughout this blog ) to the park today. again this event showed the distance between my dad and i who upon asking him if he wanted to join replied "are you kidding me?" sweet, huh? i liked going just cody and me though. nice reflection time and the day was soo pretty. ps anyone wanting to listen to a fun and happy song should check out will young's "switch it on". loves it.

No comments: